You are likely to hear the term glazing used in a technical manner when window manufacturers refer to their window designs as being “Single-Glazed” or “Double-Glazed”. Very simply, when a window is described as being single-glazed, double-glazed, or triple-glazed, it means the window has either one pane of glass, or two or three parallel panes of glass. Some manufacturers now use more modern terms of “single-paned” , “double-paned” or “triple-paned” to identify these different designs. Windows with double or triple panes are often said to have “Thermal Glass” or “Insulated Glass.”